What is indoor soccer/winter futsal?
The BSC Indoor Soccer season is hosted at Bloomfield High School and provides our youth with an opportunity to grow and develop their skills in the Winter through small sided, fast paced matches in a climate controlled setting.
Randomly assigned Co-Ed teams of 10 players will compete weekly and will close out with a round-robin tournament in the final week of the season.
The season is six weeks long and one additional week has been built into the schedule in the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstance.
The cost to participate is $75 per child. There are no refunds. Prorated credits will be issued in the event the season cannot continue or there is a global health issue which prevents us from entering the school.
When are the indoor soccer Sessions?
The indoor season begins on January 8th and continues on until February 19th (February 26th added as make-up date only).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE ANY INDOOR SOCCER SESSION ON JANUARY 15TH – WE WILL RESUME PLAY ON JANUARY 22ND
Indoor Soccer sessions are held on Sundays mornings at Bloomfield High School. There are no practices during the week, only games on Sunday. Games can start at any time for each age group as outlined below.
Little Cleats (3-5 years of age, not in Kindergarten): 12pm-1pm & NOW 2PM!
K-1st Grade Start Time: 12pm-2pm
2nd-3rd Grade Start Time: 2pm-4pm
4th-6th Grade Start Time: 2pm-3pm
What does my child need?
All we ask is that your child has proper footwear, indoor futsal or sneakers only, socks, and shin guards if possible. No jewelry or large hair accessories, please. A jersey will be provided for each child.
GAME RULES & GUIDELINES
- All teams play 6v6 (5 field + 1 Keeper)
- Sneakers or indoor futsal shoes only
- 25min running time per game
- Round Robin style play – 3 points per win | Winner will have most amount of points in their group
- Ties earn 1 point for each team – No overtime periods
- All fouls result in a direct kick
- Futsal balls in use only
- No heading of the ball is allowed
- A player may enter the game at any time without a play stoppage as long as they enter from the midline area. Players may enter the game at a play stoppage also from the center line.
- In order to re-start the game after the ball has gone out of play, the ball is kicked back into play from the touchline and from corners. The player must be placed stationary on the touchline and the feet of the player taking the kick-in must not cross the line.
- For kick-ins, free kicks and goal clearances and corner kicks, the player in possession of the ball has 4 seconds to restart play which the referee will count with fingers in the air. If play is not restarted within four seconds an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team. The goalkeeper is not allowed to control the ball for more than 4 seconds in her own half.
- Goalkeepers are allowed to come out of the penalty area and players are allowed to go into the penalty area. A goal clearance must be thrown (and not kicked) and the goalkeeper cannot touch the ball again until it has crossed midfield or a member of the opposing team has touched the ball.